Wednesday, July 5, 2017

After the Kiss (Notorious Gentlemen, #1)After the Kiss by Suzanne Enoch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a new author to me. I really enjoyed this book and am getting ready to start the next one in the series. The characters were well-rounded and realistic, including the secondary characters (parents and brothers).
As a horse person, I appreciate the fact that this author either did some great homework, or she knows horses too. It's really annoying to read a book that talks about horses that are either 18 hands (not that common) or HUGE animals of 15 hands (two inches shy of being a pony). The training techniques for the horse and the rider were spot on, again refreshing.
Without giving away any spoilers, Enoch was dealing with a tricky issue for that time, a hero who was a bastard. Again, unlike some other books I've read, she doesn't magically make this disappear or resolve it in a completely implausible way.
I stumbled on this book because members of my RWA chapter sometimes bring in books they're clearing off their "already read" shelves. What a happy circumstance picking up After the Kiss turned out to be!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment