Friday, April 20, 2018

12 Truths About Life

I came across this TED talk by writer Anne Lamott while I was doing some research on reading and literacy for my work as an instructional coach. The author I was reading had mentioned it in conjunction with making sure we give students enough time and room to DO instead of just passively sit and absorb. However, in listening to Lamott, I discovered a treasure trove of fantastic information that applies to each of us.

Her comments about writers--why and how we do what we do--really touched a nerve. In addition to the gems I can hold for my own writing, there's a wealth of wisdom we could apply to helping students find their voice and the freedom to develop it.

So, I'll quit pontificating and simply give you the link to watch and listen on your own. 


Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment